- We started our journey looking at the Ministry of Education’s Six Point Learner Support Plan and investigate the Learner Support Register for student needs
- Our next step in 2019 was to form a Learner Support Team and Panel.
- Our team gathered numerical data across our Kahui Ako to identify our top four needs: ASD Autism, Add/ADHD, Anxiety and Dys (Dyslexia, Dysgraphia etc)
- Next we developed our own Learner Support Register and continue to refine where required.
- We developed our method of informed consent and privacy protocol, with the roll out of our first consent letter to all students.
- This year we used the learner support registers to transition student information from our Primary Schools to the College.
- It has been a focus for us to provide Professional Development resources for our Kahui Ako staff. There are a variety of resources which will be available on our website. More extensive resources are being developed for our four main areas of need.
- Our next steps are to create links within our local community to enhance our ability to provide for the needs of our students in the most efficient way.
Ready-to-use resources can be found by following
Any queries, please contact Leanne Evans directly: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leave a Reply