We have collated a range of resources to support leadership and kaiako with the introduction of the New Curriculum. This includes a range of NZ Histories Curriculum resources and Social Science Resources.
Aspiration Statement/Tauākī Wawata
Kāhui Ako ki Orewa want kaiako to know what has changed in the New Zealand Curriculum, how to implement the changes in the curriculum whilst ensuring the curriculum is inclusive, respectful of Te tiriti o Waitangi, is easy for kaiako/teachers to use and is clear about the learning that matters for our akonga.
Strategic Initiatives/Ngā Kaupapa Rautaki
- Create clear pathways through The Curriculum Refresh that connect Kāhui Ako ki Orewa schools.
- To access and develop resources, external support, expertise to drive our schools throughout the Curriculum Refresh Timeframe, to meet 2026 with confidence.
Rationale/Te Take Why? He aha ai?
- All Schools must have an understanding of the refreshed New Zealand Curriculum, the purpose, the vision, the changes that need to be made to be using the refreshed curriculum in their classrooms at the beginning of 2026.
- There is a need to build confidence, clarity and the capacity for all teachers to successfully implement the refreshed New Zealand Curriculum
- All students will be using the “The Understand, Know, Do” framework
- All teachers will use this framework for refreshing all learning areas.
- The refreshed New Zealand Curriculum design is to ensure every learner/akonga experiences success in their learning, and that their progress and achievement is responded to and celebrated.